It’s been busy, busy, busy this summer at Human Element! Not only do we have a barrage of Magento Enterprise websites in development, but we have continued to work with some of our beloved longtime clients to accomplish their ongoing marketing goals.
Siena Heights University, one of Human Element’s first web development clients, recently requested an online venue for their alumni publication, Reflections Magazine. Siena publishes the glossy magazine quarterly, chocking it full of stories about the school’s new developments and alumni. To give them an easy-to-use content management system ideally suited to articles, we built them a custom WordPress site with a theme that matched the look and feel of the actual magazine. You can check it out here: reflections.sienaheights.edu.
The new Reflections site fulfills several requirements for Siena, including:
- An easy way to display the magazine’s stories online;
- Social media features for alumni and friends to share the site and stories;
- A prominent call-out to encourage Siena Heights alumni to submit their information to the school’s database;
- An RSS-based news feed from their existing DotNetNuke website to display events and news as it becomes available;
- A method that allows users to give to Siena Heights University; and
- A photo gallery to display a variety of images from the publication.
Siena plans to use the new site to display all the content from the printed magazine, as well as exclusive features that can only be found on the web.
So go ahead! Find out what’s going on at Siena Heights on the new Reflections website. And while you’re there, leave a comment, give a gift, or submit a class note and let us know what you think!